Saturday, March 10, 2007

Weekend in Wellie!


Hello folks, Heres an update on my 3rd weekend in Wellie. This weekend has been beautiful, with the sun out shining and a great atmosphere in town. It was the dragon boat and jet boat racing, so I thought I would walk into the city and check it out. First I took a few piccies on the way in, as the sea looked so calm and serene. Spotted this guy fishing, I'm walking along Oriental Parade, which is a nice walk along the edge of the city, you can see the city skycrapers in the background (click on the image to make it bigger). Then I took a little stroll along the beach, its an artificial beach, the sand was imported from the south island, but who cares! A beach is a beach and I dipped my toe into the pretty cold sea water.

That was kinda nice for a while, but I continued on until I got into town. It was pretty crowded along where the racing was taking place, and then I spotted some sting rays in the shallows! I took out my camera and filmed them!

After that I watched one of the dragon boat races but I didn't stay out too long as there were lots of stalls and things to see, so I wondered off and had a nice time in the city!



The last picture is just to show you how steep it gets in some places. This house has its own cable car to take you up the steep slope to your house!

No comments: