Friday, June 06, 2008

Winter Seasons, Cold and Rain.

Its WINTER!! Brrrrrrr. Actually I am sat in the living room and the sun is shining on me and I am feeling pretty toasty. I know come the evening I will be freezing my icicles off and moaning that I am too cold and that NZ houses are crappy and we need more insulation and wood on the fire. Wood on the fire - WOO HOO we have a woodburner finally.
I must admit that the long exposure to lovely centrally heated houses of Europe has meant that the adjustment to NO heating whatsoever has been, how come one put this - IMPOSSIBLE! Although the woodburner does heat up the living room pretty good, the rest of the house is still -400C and whenever I need to go to pee/make a cup of tea/ find something...I have to prepare for the enslaught of the COLD.

I must say NZlanders are pretty tough cookies. For a start they don't moan about the cold much, you might get a comment from a passerby 'bit nippy tonight isn't it'. Translated to Netty language "its fuck*** freezing and if I stay out here another second I will freeze for the next 3 months and will have to be defrosted slowly in a giant fish tank like they did with that collosal squid at Te Papa museum some time ago. Never got to see that by the way....

Anyway.........I plan to get some new pictures up soon, of the bunnies Lolly and Wiggles looking all cosy on the rug next to the fire. And of some of the places we have visted in the last few months. We have been around but just too busy...

I had good intentions when starting this blog, so that the folks back home could login and have a nosey at what I have been doing. The problem is I have been too busy to update and the so called 'broadband' here is bloody slow and so uploading photos becomes a painful task. AND my laptop is still buggered. I'd better go now and do some work. Ah a scholars life is never easy..............

This is a picture of our friends from Paekakariki, Damien, Sylvia and Sorcha.

This is a fur seal that we spotted just chilling out at the car park!

Netster

No comments: